Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Growing Stage: Determination


Determination: A fixed purpose or intention towards something
Determination is one thing you have got to have. You need to have goals or in this case music that you are determined to accomplish!
The only way to find the limits of the possible is by going beyond them to the impossible.
Arthur C. Clarke
Arthur C. Clark is very right. You need to cross the limits to the impossible to get to the possible. But, you have to be determined to do it. Without determination to achieve different goals, then you don't really have the talent to even play the piano because you are not taking it serious. If you were driving on the interstate and someone goes behind you and they are going really fast and it looks like they are going to crash into your bumper, would you panic and maybe switch lanes. Well, obviously you are because you don't want to crash. Right? Its like music, you are not going to be a coward when a piece gets to hard. Or are you? If you run away from what I call a road block (a piece that is very hard and you can't get a part of it right) then you are a coward because you don't even have patience to get through it and finish it. You need to have
Determination and Patience.
Its a must.
If you haven't read The Growing Stage: Patience, then please do. You can click on The Growing Stage: Patience located in my Labels.
Stay "tuned" for I'll be hitting up on on the subject of The Right Attitude.

1 comment:

  1. you go girl! tell it like it is! It's so true though, I may not play the piano, but I play the flute and not ONE time it was an easy road, at times I didn't want to do it anymore, but everytime a new piece was put infront of me, it made me want to take on the challenge. When I finally end a piece with a clean finish it makes me proud of how far I've come. I am currently on my 6th year of my flute career and in those years I achieved numorous Honors placement programs for symphonic Bands. I never thought I'd make it that far but I did. I also learned that if you don't have the drive to grasp a dream than you'll never achieve it, EVER. There are no shortcuts to success, you gotta take the stairs. I LOVE YOU JESS! KEEP YOUR HEAD HELD TO HEAVEN AND SCREW THE HATERS!!
    -DoTz

    ReplyDelete